Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Princess Mary's gift tin 1914

Article about: Thanks Mike. A very useful guide. I have saved the pics from the auctions and also labeled them for future reference. Cheers, Ade.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Princess Mary's gift tin 1914  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Here are a couple that have been framed by proud owners or their relatives.

Happy Xmas

Mark

Princess Mary's gift tin 1914Princess Mary's gift tin 1914Princess Mary's gift tin 1914

?

These were vastly underrated a few years ago, unfortunately this (for me at least) is no longer the case. I've never managed to buy the writing kit, pipe or lighter and probably never will.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Princess Mary's gift tin 1914  

CBH
    ?

The Queen had one next to her during her Christmas speech . A brass one so i guess there never was a silver one .
    Merry Christmas everyone .
    Cheers

Wow....awesome gilding. I did not know that they were made in several different die patterns. I was just comparing mine with yours and noticed that Mary's profile is slightly different, as in her hair. I always find out something interesting on this forum. :-) You guys rock!
    Last edited by jase770; 09-23-2015 at 01:58 AM.

?

Quote by Gary J View Post
    Ade you've seen this before .. it's rough, .. and I think WW1 .. Princess Alexanda gift tin.
    (If anybody has further details on this tin, I would be interested ..)

G.
    Gary,
    Not quite your tin but these were on ebay the other week so a good possibility that your tin had the same or similar contents.

Here's the auction link but it'll disappear soon WW1 Queen Alexandra Christmas 1914 NOT Mary OR Boer | eBay

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Princess Mary's gift tin 1914   Princess Mary's gift tin 1914  

I sold this one at work last year. The sadly unnamed sailor served on HMS Exeter.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Mike Peters View Post
    Great Job Ade ...Now , there's one other VERY helpful site that we should mention as it covers the 7 variations of Boxes that were produced back then. It can be found here --

The Princess Mary Christmas Gift 1914

Mr. Hinckley did a fantastic Job documenting how they differ and what to look for. He even created a graph.
    Hi guys, sorry to revive an old(ish) thread, I knew that there were variations in the boxes, but didnt know what to look for until i stumbled upon this thread.

As the link above is now defunct i wondered if anyone knows if the type number denotes later productions? I.E would a type 7 be produced later than a type 2 etc...

Heres my type 6 (i think)

I suspect the numbers are simply collectors terms and do not reflect production sequences.

I have a couple of good examples coming up next month at work.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Just added the bullet pencil to my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Princess Mary's gift tin 1914   Princess Mary's gift tin 1914  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast