Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question, What is this British medal?

Article about: And why was it issued? I am not a metal collector so have no idea. The name and serial number has been I'd to, Gunner 249394 J Miller who was killed in action on 24/09/1918, while serving wi

?

Default Question, What is this British medal?

And why was it issued? I am not a metal collector so have no idea.

The name and serial number has been I'd to, Gunner 249394 J Miller who was killed in action on 24/09/1918, while serving with "A" Battery-298th Brigade.

This group of metals came with a MkVI Webley I purchased. Some of the insignia and buttons date post war so they do not match the gun.
    I was only interested in the gun and and I don't know/collect metals so I plan to sell them to help lessen the cost of what I paid for the gun. Could someone give me some kind of a idea of what they are worth and what should I ask for them. I'm not out for a killing, just some help in reducing the cost of what I paid for the gun, thanks, Ray

Question, What is this British medal?Question, What is this British medal?Question, What is this British medal?Question, What is this British medal?Question, What is this British medal?Question, What is this British medal?

Default re: Question, What is this British medal?

Hello, Ray!

What you have there is a British War Medal, issued to servicemen who served between the 5th of August 1914 to the 11th of November 1918!

I really like these and have one that belonged to my Great-Grandfather. I'm not really 'in the loop' with regards to market value, but someone should be along shortly who has a better idea.

Hope this helps,
    Josh

Josh

The WWI war medal is worth about $30, maybe a bit more as he was KIA, the cap badge is hard to date, circa $7-10, the buttons circa half a buck to a buck each, the metal RA shoulder title, a few bucks, the printed cloth title which is WWII is circa 5-7 bucks.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The WWI war medal is worth about $30, maybe a bit more as he was KIA, the cap badge is hard to date, circa $7-10, the buttons circa half a buck to a buck each, the metal RA shoulder title, a few bucks, the printed cloth title which is WWII is circa 5-7 bucks.
    Thanks Josh and Jerry, Ray

I've seen the WWI British War Service Medals sell alright by me...I've seen individuals sell anywhere between $20-30

why not post it in the classifieds maybe someone will scoop it up i know i would

Quote by crites1234 View Post
    why not post it in the classifieds maybe someone will scoop it up i know i would
    I second this whole-heartedly

RayG

The medal is gorgeous, keep it! If you can I bought one last year with some other items. The feeling, look, and quality is second to none....It's in my collection forever!

Mark
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 03-26-2013 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Usual typo
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Thanks everyone. Mark it is a nice metal but I'm not into collecting metals and I would like to sell it. Can someone give me an idea of what would be a good price to put on the metal and the rest of the items to sell as a group. I paid $650 for the original unmodified .455 revolver with the metals and the any money I make in selling the grouping would help reduce the price I paid for the gun which would be nice. Thanks, Ray

John Miller was born in Saltcoats, Ayrshire and enlisted in Birmingham. He was a signaller with the Royal Field Artillery when he died of wounds on 24/9/18.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast