Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAMC officer and two sergeants picture

Article about: Picked this up today local to me. The officer in the middle appears to be a Lt. Colonel in the Royal Army Medical Corps and is apparently missing his left hand. The two sergeants with canes

Default RAMC officer and two sergeants picture

Picked this up today local to me. The officer in the middle appears to be a Lt. Colonel in the Royal Army Medical Corps and is apparently missing his left hand. The two sergeants with canes are both probably wounded and have an unusual twisted band on their caps. The one on the officers right is I think from the Welsh, though it could be any of the units that wore the Prince of Wales's feathers, such as the Pembrokeshire Yeomanry or the 3rd (Prince of Wales's) Dragoon Guards. The other is wearing a Light infantry or rifle regiment bugle badge, and could be King's Shroipshire Light Infantry, 6th battalion (Rifle) King's Liverpool regiment, Durham Light Infantry, Oxford & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry or the Nottinghamshire Yeomanry (Sherwood Rangers).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAMC officer and two sergeants picture   RAMC officer and two sergeants picture  

RAMC officer and two sergeants picture  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: RAMC officer and two sergeants picture

I have been told on another forum that they are a recruiting party as signified by the 3 colour band on the caps.
    Regards,

Jerry

Interesting, I had not heard of that before.

Thanks Jerry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Exactly the reason the Sam Browne was invented!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Interesting, I had not heard of that before.

Thanks Jerry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Indeed Ade, it was a new one for me as well. Also it seems that the one is Kings Shropshire Light Infantry, though still waiting for confirmation, if possible, that the other is the Welsh regiment.
    Regards,

Jerry