Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

royal flying corps collar or sweetheart badge ?

Article about: another local antique fair find for your opinion !, I thought this may be a rfc collar badge that has been converted to a sweetheart (the fastener for the pin looks like a cut through lug) o

jwp
    ?

Default royal flying corps collar or sweetheart badge ?

another local antique fair find for your opinion !, I thought this may be a rfc collar badge that has been converted to a sweetheart (the fastener for the pin looks like a cut through lug) or is it a sweetheart badge of the period ? or maybe something more modern ?,
    many thanks, John.royal flying corps collar or sweetheart badge ?royal flying corps collar or sweetheart badge ?

As you have surmised, it is a converted WW1 period issued collar badge. Badges of this and the WW2 period were often converted into pin-back form for wear by loved ones.

jwp
    ?

many thanks for that.

Can you show the cut through lug John.

I would go with a sweetheart from these pics.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have to agree with Jerry. Had it been a converted badge the back would have been stamped and not smooth as is the case.

Tom

Hi, For what it may be worth, I would suggest that Stug III is completely correct. I have several thousand RAF/RFC badges and have never seen a collar badge either Officer's or OR's in your style of manufacture. If it was offered to me, I would considder it to ba a sweetheart. However, I stand to be corrected.
    Cheers Michael R

jwp
    ?

many thanks all, I had wondered about the flat back, the hinge for the pin looks to be the same colour as the rest of the badge, while the other end,loop/lug is darker, will get a pic tomorrow,hopefully its a period sweetheart, I rather like it !.

jwp
    ?

just tried to enlarge the lug, wiil take a side view in daylight.royal flying corps collar or sweetheart badge ?