MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Sidcot Flying Suit - Some advice if I could

Article about: Good Evening / Morning Ladies and Gentlemen I'm after some advice. I've come across this Sidcot Flying Suit. It looks fine to me (perhaps apart from the colour - but I'm thinking it is proba

Default Sidcot Flying Suit - Some advice if I could

Good Evening / Morning Ladies and Gentlemen

I'm after some advice.

I've come across this Sidcot Flying Suit.

It looks fine to me (perhaps apart from the colour - but I'm thinking it is probably the camera).

I just need some further reassurance if I could?

Many thanks
    Tim

Sidcot Flying Suit - Some advice if I couldSidcot Flying Suit - Some advice if I couldSidcot Flying Suit - Some advice if I couldSidcot Flying Suit - Some advice if I could

Not a 'sidcot' that is a private purchase American suit that wealthier officers could purchase, typically used by instructors stateside and especially on air mail routes post war.

good primer here: Sidcot-Suit-History

Here's a bit about the people who made it!...http://www.mnhs.org/library/findaids/00723.xml

Quote by asterperious View Post
    Not a 'sidcot' that is a private purchase American suit that wealthier officers could purchase, typically used by instructors stateside and especially on air mail routes post war.

good primer here: Sidcot-Suit-History
    Hmm - what I actually meant to say was: it looks fine to me perhaps apart from the colour and the fact it is not a Sidcot....

Many thanks aster - I thought this type of suit was in fact a different variation of the original Sidcot.

I had seen the link you included (but obviously didn't read it terribly successfully), but I just can't find a lot about these on this interweb thingy and may have to (gasp/shock) invest in a few more books!

The advice provided here is one of the reasons I am indebted to this Forum.

Again - my thanks!

Cheers
    Tim

[Update - sold for over US$800]
    Last edited by Allegra; 12-15-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Here's a bit about the people who made it!...http://www.mnhs.org/library/findaids/00723.xml
    Thanks Gunny - seems a rather obscure business by all accounts - this was about all I could find as well.

Cheers