Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

silver mk 6 455 webley

Article about: I have come across a webley mk 6 in a silver finish. It looks like chrome. but under the grips is raw metal. I was wondering if this is an original finish or has someone ruined this pistol?

?

Default silver mk 6 455 webley

I have come across a webley mk 6 in a silver finish. It looks like chrome. but under the grips is raw metal. I was wondering if this is an original finish or has someone ruined this pistol? It is not in good shape, lots of cylinder play and the finish is rough. serial no. 283... any ideas on date of manufacture?

Default Re: silver mk 6 455 webley

Hi,
    I think you will find the Webley mk6 was issued in war finish, which is raw metal i have never seen or heard of a chrome one. but it would be good if you could put on some pics foe us to see, then we can make a good judgment on it.
    dave.

?

not sure if this will work but a try at a photo of the silver mk6, it looks to bright to be nickel, that's why i said chrome...lol maybe a bumper guy did it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture silver mk 6 455 webley  
    Last edited by decay; 01-18-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: adding file

Hi,
    thanks for the pic it looks most impressive but not right to me, it would be better in original metal i would think it was chrome going by some small pieces missing by the grip. Still a nice gun though, does it still fire or is it deac?.
    dave.

By the way welcome to the forum you will find it a mine of information.

?

I just got it yesterday but i think because of the cylinder play i don't think i want to shoot it

and thanks, i hope i can find out more about the 455 and i am kinda already overwhelmed with the size of this site.
    lol im a dave too
    Last edited by decay; 01-18-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: mmore stuff