Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Swedish M1910 ammo belt

Article about: He is a rather high quality M1910 Swedish Mauser leather ammo belt. Condition is still serviceable pliable leather, and has definitely seen the field.

Default Swedish M1910 ammo belt

He is a rather high quality M1910 Swedish Mauser leather ammo belt. Condition is still serviceable pliable leather, and has definitely seen the field.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swedish M1910 ammo belt   Swedish M1910 ammo belt  

Swedish M1910 ammo belt   Swedish M1910 ammo belt  

Swedish M1910 ammo belt   Swedish M1910 ammo belt  

Swedish M1910 ammo belt  

One of the later designs that made use of aluminium fittings.
    Most likely a late 1930s version. Very nice!
    I own several, even the illusive M/1915 made in canvas, and the craftsmanship never seizes to amaze me!

I've encountered these fairly often over the years but have never owned any...They're usually reasonably priced and in Serviceable Condition, much like yours...- Rugged, Quality Material & Workmanship, Practical & Well-Designed...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    One of the later designs that made use of aluminium fittings.
    Most likely a late 1930s version. Very nice!
    I own several, even the illusive M/1915 made in canvas, and the craftsmanship never seizes to amaze me!
    The quality is second to none very heavy leather. Or hide maybe?

Quote by humble collector View Post
    The quality is second to none very heavy leather. Or hide maybe?
    The leather is a vegetable tanned full grain leather. The way the items smell when "mint" is absolutely mesmerising! The dark-brown colour they are found in today, is due to the patina they have accumulate throughout the years. When new, the belts were a yellowy "tan".

The Swedish army used predominantly hides from cows, but I have encountered pistol holsters in pigs leather. An.. interesting choice.

However, Swedish leather items are very prone to dry out and crack. Keep it in good order by applying a little leather oil now and then (once or twice a year), and keep it out of direct sunlight and heat sources