Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Territorial Force Efficiency Medal 4th Welsh

Article about: Territorial /force Efficiency Medal, reign of King George V, pre 1921 as the name changed in that year, for Corporal Edward Evans, 4th Battalion the Welsh Regiment. He must have been a pre w

?

Using just his original regimental number

I just tried a search on one of the other soldiers on that roll and got the roll straight away.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Tried just surname and original number and got it straight away
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Jerry, I’ve found the TFEM roll on Ancestry but it means searching the book rather than a name and number.

Here’s a link UK, WWI Service Medal and Award Rolls, 1914-1920 but if it doesn’t work follow the instructions below.

If you go to military records, click on 'view all in card catalogue’ then when the new window opens go to page 3.

The 3rd link from the top is WWI Service Medal & Award Rolls – click on it. You should then see a page where at the top left is the option in the drop down list to choose which medal, at the bottom is the TFEM which Ancestry calls Territorial Force War Medal.

Under that is another drop down list to choose the regiment. If you click Various Regiments another list should appear, the 6th one down is Piece 3264, Royal Sussex Regiment to Welsh Regiment.

The book should open and the search can begin. Good luck.

Thanks again Tony.

I have the link direct to the roll just am unwilling to pay the fee to view and save it for a single foc which won't tell me anything new.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Thanks again Tony.

I have the link direct to the roll just am unwilling to pay the fee to view and save it for a single foc which won't tell me anything new.
    There's no fee Jerry. I don't subscribe to Ancestry and can view the book however, I couldn't find your E Evans in the Welsh Regt. My internet connection is quite slow so I wouldn't be surprised if I accidentally skipped a page or two by clicking too often and as you say, you won't find anything you don't already know.

Quote by ynot View Post
    the TFEM which Ancestry calls Territorial Force War Medal.
    The TFWM and the TFEM are two different medals as far as I am aware Tony.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Oh bugger! I’m so out of touch and Jerry, you’re polite in your prompts putting me on the right track.

Note to self:
    TFWM = the round bronze one
    TFEM = the oval silver one (as in the first post)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2