Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tripod for M1918 Battery Commanders Periscope

Article about: Hello all I have a Model 1918 Battery Commanders Periscope in its box but no tripod. I have been trying to find what the tripod would look like or a model of what it is that would be great.

Default Tripod for M1918 Battery Commanders Periscope

Hello all
    I have a Model 1918 Battery Commanders Periscope in its box but no tripod. I have been trying to find what the tripod would look like or a model of what it is that would be great. I have seen a couple pictures of the whole set up but none were of very close detail of the tripod. Can anyone please help me? Thanks in advance

Don't know what the M18 looks like? could look like this tripod?

I forgot to mention it’s a US periscope though but might be similar to that British one. Thanks René

Nice one Rene. Now it can go back in the hall closet with the other tripods and telescopes.

Greetings,

These specific tripods were manufactured by the National Cash Register Co. in their Dayton, Ohio plant. Here's images of the factory floor during their assembly, the full tripod, and an image of just the mounting arm.

Best,

V/r Lance

Double click on the image to enlarge.

Thanks Lance. Interesting photo. I feel like the chances of me finding one of these tripods is slim to none haha. But I now I have something to go off of. Thanks again

Default NCR not B&L

One other item, if you in your search you view a non NCR made tripod say by Bausch & Lomb, it might fit, but it was not the correct version as issued with the set you're looking to complete. Fingers crossed, you will find one.

Best of Luck!

V/r Lance

Well I got one!! Thought it would be near impossible but one turned up and I couldn’t let it go.
    I’ll post some pics with the periscope but that’ll probably be some time before I can get them all together.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tripod for M1918 Battery Commanders Periscope   Tripod for M1918 Battery Commanders Periscope  

Well here it is all assembled. Took sometime to get them together and finally have time to mess around with it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tripod for M1918 Battery Commanders Periscope  

Frikken fantastic you have it paired up! Brilliant! Bet it was a tough prick of a thing to photograph! Thanks for following up for us

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast