Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Trying to identify the regiments from the pics.

Article about: Hello, I picked up this portraits at a local antique shop. Trying to identify the regiment from the pics. Can anyone id. what regiments the gentlemans in the attached pics belonged to. Frame

Default Trying to identify the regiments from the pics.

Hello,

I picked up this portraits at a local antique shop. Trying to identify the regiment from the pics. Can anyone id. what regiments the gentlemans in the attached pics belonged to. Framed portrait: WW1 East Yorkshire Regiment..I suppose. Thanks for any assistance.

Regards
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trying to identify the regiments from the pics.   Trying to identify the regiments from the pics.  

jwp
    ?

would agree with east yorks ww1 for the framed pic, other one maybe ww2 royal army service corps ??? or with the collar dogs possibly between the wars.
    Last edited by jwp; 10-06-2013 at 07:44 AM.

I would say the other pic is of a Canadian soldier, as the collar dogs look like Maple Leaves?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

jwp
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I would say the other pic is of a Canadian soldier, as the collar dogs look like Maple Leaves?

Cheers, Ade.
    Think you may be right Ade, looks like the stalk from the leaf at the bottom, what period do you think ?, the side hat looks a little unusual to me,
    John.