Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. British Made Overseas Cap, 1918

Article about: Hi guys, I picked this up in Des Moines last week. It's a pretty neat cap, and it fits in well with all of my other British-made stuff. It also has a cool 'D' company, infantry regiment coll

Default U.S. British Made Overseas Cap, 1918

Hi guys,

I picked this up in Des Moines last week. It's a pretty neat cap, and it fits in well with all of my other British-made stuff. It also has a cool 'D' company, infantry regiment collar disk affixed to the front. Hope you all like it!

P.S. I learned that Iowa is a frighteningly cold place to live. To all of those who live there, I suggest you get out before you freeze to death.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S. British Made Overseas Cap, 1918   U.S. British Made Overseas Cap, 1918  

Nice to see a WWI British made head gear.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards,
    Taka

Nice cap,I wasn't aware we suppied these to the AEF,thought it was just the first Brodies...........learn something new everyday on here,great buy Mo...........

?

Many issue uniform items were manufactured in Great Britain. Tunics, pants, caps, helmets, etc.. Marked with a broad arrow.
    You will find private purchase items also. London and Paris made, usually officers items but once in awhile enlisted.

Here is my 1944 example, for comparison:
    Attached Images Attached Images U.S. British Made Overseas Cap, 1918  U.S. British Made Overseas Cap, 1918 

?

A nice overseas cap it always amazes me the condition of these caps even being close to 100 years old wool. Nice British made overseas cap

Nice to see one of these old timers still around and in nice shape. Not all that often seen these days.
    (Iowa? Cold?? You poor pups...you should try it up near the Canada border by the Great lakes...lol)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."