Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

U.S. Civil War buckle

Article about: Hi Gent's, we dont have a Civil War section, but i thought some of you might like this buckle. i went to pick up some swords today and got some suprises. he had more than just 2 swords. whil

?

Default U.S. Civil War buckle

Hi Gent's,
    we dont have a Civil War section, but i thought some of you might like this buckle. i went to pick up some swords today and got some suprises. he had more than just 2 swords. while we were talking he tells me he has a civil war belt buckle. it was found in a local farm house about 80 years ago by his dad. this guy is in his 80's. i told him i'd be interested. so he went to another room and came back with this beautyful buckle. i have looked it up and i'm sure it is an original. it is an 1851 model sword belt buckle.
    andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U.S. Civil War buckle   U.S. Civil War buckle  

U.S. Civil War buckle   U.S. Civil War buckle  

?

Default Re: U.S. Civil War buckle

It is a very nice mdl 1851 officers buckle.
    Great condition. Good find.

Very nice Officer's buckle Andrew. You lucked out !

I hope you are going to post more neat
    finds for us to see.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

thanks guys, i was tickled when he brought it out. i have a nice sword i can display it with. i'm looking for other Civil War items. will trade TR stuff.
    andrew

Andrew,
    I collect Civil war, as well as Revolutionary war militaria also. That is a nice find!