Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Army 91th Division uniform

Article about: Hello everyone, I want to share with you this M1917 Wool Uniform of 91th Division "Wild West" in my collection. General condition are very good considering that is 100 years old, i

Default US Army 91th Division uniform

Hello everyone,
    I want to share with you this M1917 Wool Uniform of 91th Division "Wild West" in my collection.
    General condition are very good considering that is 100 years old, it seems very interesting to me, the variant of the black divisional patch.
    Interesting also the M1910 Visor Cap , quite difficult to find in good condition; its presence instead of overseas cap, can be attributed to the service performed at Home of its owner, who seems justified by the silver service stripe.
    Your every opinion is welcome.

Greetings
    Roberto

US Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniformUS Army 91th Division uniform

?

It is a nice clean uniform.
    The numbered collar tab doesn't correspond with the 91st Division.
    I believe that the patch is an add on post WW I.
    The Motor Transport Corp collar tab would have a corresponding MTC shoulder patch.
    It is my opinion that some one has cobbled together a blank tunic without knowing anything about WW I US uniforms and insignia.

PS
    I also believe the shoulder patch is a fake.

Thanks Steve, for explanation!
    A question: the number in the collar disk was used to identify the regiment or sometimes even the battalion?
    Thank you in advance.