MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

US Army tunic button with a Hidden Surprise!

Article about: I just came across this neat US Army button and thought that I'd post it here and see what you guys think about it. These were made by the Liberty manufacturing Company in Los Angeles,Califo

Default US Army tunic button with a Hidden Surprise!

I just came across this neat US Army button and thought that I'd post it here and see what you guys think about it. These were made by the Liberty manufacturing Company in Los Angeles,California and were sold privately to soldiers to sneak their personal photos along with them. All personal info like letters, photos,driving licenses, anything with your address etc on it was Strictly forbidden to be carried in the field, but, US soldiers being the ever stubborn and determined lot they've always been figured out a way to do it Anyway. The fronts of these buttons were Perfectly Identical with the ordinary issue tunic buttons of the day and so, rather than Hand Inspect Every Single Button on Every uniform, they were pretty much ignored and a blind eye turned to them. You have to wonder how many of these were tossed in the trash years later, never knowing the hidden secret they concealed. Today, they are fairly scarce and sought after and surprisingly are not all that costly-fairly cheap, when you think of where these things have been and what they've witnessed!
    US Army tunic button with a Hidden Surprise!US Army tunic button with a Hidden Surprise!US Army tunic button with a Hidden Surprise!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wow now im going to check all my buttons thanks for sharing

I really like this item.
    I do not only collect helmets I collect US and German and this is a super helmet.
    William did you buy it?
    What do they go for?
    chris

I've had it for some time now, Chris, but I occasionally see them being offered for sale. If you find one, be sure that it has Both of it's little frames and plastic windows inside it, as these small bits were easy to lose. Like I said, they're not all that pricey-usually in the $50 range, give or take a couple of dollars. I just think they're a neat little collectable!
    William

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I've had it for some time now, Chris, but I occasionally see them being offered for sale. If you find one, be sure that it has Both of it's little frames and plastic windows inside it, as these small bits were easy to lose. Like I said, they're not all that pricey-usually in the $50 range, give or take a couple of dollars. I just think they're a neat little collectable!
    I agree neat little item.
    I have to get one now.
    chris

?

very cool, that's a new one on me and I was unaware of their existence.

Thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    John

I've actually seen, at one time or another, Canadian and British examples as well. I wonder if the German's ever made such things? Somehow, I doubt it...but who knows? Germans can be just as sneaky as the next guy, I guess!
    William

Very cool, I have seen them with hidden compasses but never with picture frames before.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.