Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Veterans plaque Adrian helmet

Article about: A pick up today, my first Adrian which is odd as I have almost bought one on so many occasions but never did until today. I assume it is a M15 as issued to Vets who had seen action though th

INSIGNE CASQUE ADRIAN MODELE 1915-ARTILLERIE-FRENCH ADRIAN HELMET BADGE 1
    Arty badge buy it now for €29 but missing the pins

Thanks all for adding extra info and links to possible liners and a replacement badge. Is it worth spending money to replace the badge on something like this which was not much more than the badge is listed at to buy in the first place?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Dear Jerry,

I want to recommend the site 'www.world-war-helmets.com' too: .: World War Helmets - Casque Adrian modèle 15 :.. It's about the liner too.

IMO I would not fix a new badge because as you said already the helmet in this way have been its own origin and history (okay you don't know when the badge was removed by whom but you see the original colour where the former badge was fixed). Maybe you find a badge in order to present it for its own.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 09-06-2015 at 08:37 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

Thanks Ian but it's a France only auction and wrong size.

Badges seem to be removed and sold separately, possibly because of the prices they fetch which is a shame but Jerry, if you didn't pay much more for the helmet I think you got a very good deal as Adrians appear to be much more expensive now than a few years ago. I'm doing a bit of a Euro trip at the end of the month and plan on going to some antique markets in France and the UK, if I see anything reasonably priced I'll pick it up so keep your fingers crossed I find a box of original badges and bag of liners for just a few euros

Tony

Enjoy your trip Tony. A sensibly priced badge with its fixings intact would be good and perhaps a liner as well.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice find Jerry!....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2