Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Veterans plaque Adrian helmet

Article about: A pick up today, my first Adrian which is odd as I have almost bought one on so many occasions but never did until today. I assume it is a M15 as issued to Vets who had seen action though th

Default Veterans plaque Adrian helmet

A pick up today, my first Adrian which is odd as I have almost bought one on so many occasions but never did until today. I assume it is a M15 as issued to Vets who had seen action though they were also sold according to what I read in some others posts on these so the history from those in the know is already here from a simple search.

It has half of its chinstrap but is missing its liner -as so many are- and sadly also missing its badge which appears to be the type with crossed cannons, so Arty I assume. I snagged an image of one from the web of what I think is missing if anyone has one?

I have not cleaned it or polished the brass or anything yet and perhaps it is best to leave it as is though /i would like to replace the badge and perhaps the liner if possible.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Veterans plaque Adrian helmet   Veterans plaque Adrian helmet  

Veterans plaque Adrian helmet   Veterans plaque Adrian helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Some more detail pics of the comb, rivets etc....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Veterans plaque Adrian helmet   Veterans plaque Adrian helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

A few more, chinstrap mounts etc...

Regards,

Jerry

A very nice M15 Adrian Jerry and yes this looks like it would of had an artillery badge, the liners come in different sizes that correspond with the size of the shell which would usually have a stamp (not pressed into the steel sort of like ink) either A, B, or C on M26 Adrians the sizes range from B-D as I have read A was to small.

Matt

Nice lid!

I wouldn't worry about a liner (I've never seen one for sale FWIW). My own Adrian had the liner fall out of it when it was shipped to me and the mounting system is quite simple. The metal tangs on the lid go through corrugated aluminium sections which are somehow stitched to the liner. That's where my liner fell out (the stitching/mounting between the liner and the corrugated sections had rotted)

I had thought that replacing the liner was probably not needed and might be difficult Glenn, but getting the badge for it would be worthwhile, but it is what it is and still displays rather nicely as it is and reflects whatever led to it being in this state, a life history of its own journey from then to now.
    Regards,

Jerry

A nice helmet Jerry. The corrugated aluminium strips are held in place by the prongs as Glenn has already said, but they are NOT stitched to the liner. The prongs then pass through the outer band of felt stitched to the liner. Replacement corrugated plates, very good reproduction liners and chinstraps are available from Prairie Flower Co in America - although I cannot guarantee that they do both early and 2nd pattern liner. A replacement badge won't be a problem , there are many to be found on ebay. The prongs for attaching the liner can become rather fragile, so care needs to be taken when straightening out for inserting the plates. Something worth noting... Soldiers often removed these aluminium plates to get a more comfy fit. It isn't unusual to find helmets with just two - or no plates at all. Cheers, Steve.

Hi Jerry from the extra pics you put up your helmet appears to be Compagnie Coloniale manufactured helmet. It will look very nice once you source an arty badge for it

?

Mate, that's a very nice helmet especially with the brass plate attached. I've been looking out for an original liner for the Adrians I have but they're difficult to come by. Repros are available online as are the badges, some already painted blue and some not.

Tony

Liner pour Adrian/Int
    Hi Tony €35 with no bids on this 2nd pattern liner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast