Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Victorian Artillery Tunic

Article about: Hi, I Bought this Tunic a while ago at a military fair for the princely sum of £30. As far as I can tell it must be of some age as its lined with a sort of cotton material and is all hand st

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Not Canadian as they have RCOC on the scroll!...
    Indeed, I have a Canadian RCOC cap badge, also they have the same shape shield as the Brits.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Indeed, I have a Canadian RCOC cap badge, also they have the same shape shield as the Brits.
    I edited the post Jerry i think it's Indian!...

I could take some Better pictures of the Buttons if it would be of use, also wow Indian that's interesting

Quote by The Boy In Battle Dress View Post
    I could take some Better pictures of the Buttons if it would be of use, also wow Indian that's interesting
    You can post better photos if you like but i'm pretty sure it says Ordnance India!...

The buttons are definitely Royal Indian Ordinance Corps. I couldn't find any other examples but I did find an image of there cap badge and it definitely resembles the buttons. So I think you two are spot on there
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Victorian Artillery Tunic  

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I edited the post Jerry i think it's Indian!...
    Well done, mate, I looked at it and could not quite make it out, but as you post, it is India with a badly formed A at the end.

I wonder what date that makes it then, pre 1947 I would assume as it has the crown
    Regards,

Jerry

And probably pre 1919 when the royal was added.
    Regards,

Jerry

Result!... not bad for 30 quid mate!...

If I remember I asked my mum to take a look at it, as she studied the cut of Men's clothes of that era. And she said it looked to be Edwardian or just post that in the way it has been made and as I said the Fabrics used as its lined with cotton which is typical of the early 20th century. So it possibly be quite an early one

Found some information on the Indian Ordinance corps if anybody's interested, it looks to me like it could be from the 20's from what the site says

Official Website of Indian Army

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2