Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VM split from MM & Trio group

Article about: Sellers blurb for now. WW1 VICTORY MEDAL. AWARDED TO 17279. DRIVER CHARLES SHARP OF THE R.F.A. (ROYAL FIELD ARTILLERY). CHARLES SHARP WAS A RESIDENT OF TOTTENHAM WHEN HE ENLISTED INTO THE R.

Default VM split from MM & Trio group

Sellers blurb for now.

WW1 VICTORY MEDAL.

AWARDED TO 17279. DRIVER CHARLES SHARP OF THE R.F.A. (ROYAL FIELD ARTILLERY).

CHARLES SHARP WAS A RESIDENT OF TOTTENHAM WHEN HE ENLISTED INTO THE R.F.A ON 11/11/1914.

HIS ENTRY INTO FRANCE WAS ON 11TH MAY 1915.

AT SOME POINT POSSIBLY IN LATE 1917 OR EARLY 1918,DRIVER SHARP WAS AWARDED THE MILITARY MEDAL.THIS WAS ANNOUNCED IN THE SUPPLEMENT TO THE LONDON GAZETTE ON 19TH MARCH 1918.THIS AWARD IS ALSO SHOWN IN HIS SERVICE PAPERS.

ACCORDING TO THE MEDAL ROLL,CHARLES' RANK HAD BEEN AN ACTING CORPORAL ON HIS DISCHARGE,ALTHOUGH HIS VICTORY MEDAL RANK IS SHOWN AS 'DVR'.

CHARLES SHARPS' SERVICE RECORDS SURVIVE AND COPIES WILL BE INCLUDED,AS WELL AS A COPY OF HIS MIC AND THE MEDAL ROLL + LONDON GAZETTE PAGE.

UNFORTUNATELY I'VE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DISCOVER THE REASON FOR THE AWARD OF THE MILITARY MEDAL,HOWEVER,FURTHER RESEARCH MAY UNCOVER A INTERESTING STORY.

DVR SHARP WAS ALSO AWARDED A 1914-15 STAR AND BWM AS WELL AS THE FORE-MENTIONED MM.ALAS,THESE S MEDALS ARE NO LONGER PRESENT.

MEDAL CONDITION IS FAIR TO GOOD.SOME SMALL 'EEKS' TO RIM,MAINLY AT THE 9 AND 10 O'CLOCK POSITION.NAMEING DETAILS ARE SLIGHTLY WORN BUT ARE STILL VERY CLEAR.NICE TONE TO MEDAL.REPLACEMENT RIBBON.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/...upplement/3469

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/...upplement/3469
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VM split from MM & Trio group   VM split from MM & Trio group  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Shame on how medal groups get split. But families do daft things, like giving one medal to different family members when estates get broken up.

Great research project!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Shame on how medal groups get split. But families do daft things, like giving one medal to different family members when estates get broken up.

Great research project!

Cheers, Ade.
    Too true Ade, but every cloud has a silver lining and if not a split group I doubt I could afford to own this with its history.

Perhaps now it is online the rest of it will be found and perhaps this could be reunited with who ever has the rest of the group as I would quite happily sell it on if that were to happen.
    Regards,

Jerry

Here you go. I know you did not ask, but I love looking stuff up and I know you appreciate it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VM split from MM & Trio group   VM split from MM & Trio group  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, I think some copy docs are coming with it but great to get them in advance.
    Regards,

Jerry

My pleasure!

Good stuff Jerry, I hope you can find out the details of the action for his MM. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Good stuff Jerry, I hope you can find out the details of the action for his MM. Leon.
    That would be great Leon, though it appears the seller could not, so perhaps doubtful.
    Regards,

Jerry

It arrived along with some docs for him. He also seems to have been a bad boy when he first joined up, being late for parade twice.

VM split from MM & Trio group   VM split from MM & Trio group  

VM split from MM & Trio group   VM split from MM & Trio group  

Regards,

Jerry

?

A nice bit of history Jerry, very interesting.... Nice to find the other medals!!! Cheers Terry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast