Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!

Article about: Hi, I got this uniform from a man in England, the jacket, pants and the hat were together when I bought them and the seller said that he found them together in his attic; he didn't know anyt

Default Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!

Hi, I got this uniform from a man in England, the jacket, pants and the hat were together when I bought them and the seller said that he found them together in his attic; he didn't know anything about the grouping.
    The jacket looks to be a 1922 pattern but the regiment was reconstituted in 1920 in the Territorial Army so I think that after 1920 the regiment insignas were put off, but if you see the pins on my jacket you realize that they have been there for a long long time and I am sure that the pins are original to the jacket.
    After a little research I found that the 2nd battalion of 1st regiment of Warwickshire yeomanry in late 1918 was sent to the Flanders, so could this grouping been made wartime? Maybe a 1918 pattern?
    Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!

p.s. the hat badge is a reproduction added by me.

Default Re: Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!

Tunic is indeed a jacket New Service (referred to as Pattern'22)
    Typical 1 dart near the collar (for a late war 1918 pattern with single dart, you need an extra stitching under the arm), and drab lining to the complete inside of the jacket.
    I can also see part of a cloth label, which wasn't into use in P1902 jackets.
    Has collar badges to an other rank, which is something that came in use after 1926.
    Breeches have got the same: drab lining instead of calico white lining.
    So definately not of great war vintage...

Default Re: Warwickshire regiment complete uniform, pattern 1918? need help about it!

The cap is later as well and an officers version I think from the chinstrap and fabric.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.