Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Why I am the Lost Battalion man.

Article about: Thought you guys would find this interesting. A couple shots of a small portion of my collection of Lost Battalion relics. The whole collection, which is more than just relics, was only disp

Lost Battalion man
    ?

Default Why I am the Lost Battalion man.

Thought you guys would find this interesting. A couple shots of a small portion of my collection of Lost Battalion relics. The whole collection, which is more than just relics, was only displayed once - in Chicago back in February 2007. It took 3 of us nearly ten hours to set it all up. the dog tag is to a guy listed as MIA from the Lost battalion, however I believe that I am very close to identifying which 'Unknown' grave in France is his.
    Always looking for more Lost Battalion items, if you have any you are willing to part with.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images Why I am the Lost Battalion man.  Why I am the Lost Battalion man.  Why I am the Lost Battalion man.  Why I am the Lost Battalion man. 

Lost Battalion man
    ?

Default Re: Why I am the Lost Battalion man.

Elements of the 308th and 307th Infantry Regiments, along with elements of the 306th Machine-Gun Battalion, all of the 77th Division. In early October, 1918 about 690 men were surrounded for five days in the Charlevaux Ravine, Argonne Forest. Wholey without food, water or medical supplies, they ended up suffering nearly 72% casualties before the rest of the brigade broke through to them. It has long been considered "the" event of American participation during WW1. A total of SEVEN Medals of Honor were awarded to men involved with the event - three to men in the surrounded element itself, two to men working to get them out, and two to a pair of flyers that attempted to resupply them from the air (the first time in history it was attempted on a large scale basis). The Lost Battalion's commander, Charles Whittlesey, committed suicide after the war.
    For more detail, please read my book 'Finding the LOst Battalion: Beyond the Rumors, Myths and Legends of America's Famous WW1 Epic'. Welcome to American Expeditionary Foundation Publishing - Home of the Lost Battalion Collection! - Lulu.com or you can get it through Amazon.com.

Rob

Just stumbled across this posting. Great information Rob, thanks for posting it and I would love to see more of your items!
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Same here Rob , would love to see more of your collection. Iv have the movie , it certainly was an epic struggle for Americans , cheers Raymond