Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW I Victory Medal W/Citation Star and Five Clasps, Ribbon Bar With Corresponding Number of Stars

Article about: This one could have belonged to a member of the 26th "Yankee Division". The Silver Citation Star later became the modern Silver Star Medal as we know it today. It was created in it

Arrow WW I Victory Medal W/Citation Star and Five Clasps, Ribbon Bar With Corresponding Number of Stars

This one could have belonged to a member of the 26th "Yankee Division". The Silver Citation Star later became the modern Silver Star Medal as we know it today. It was created in its present form in 1932 along with the revived "Military Merit" badge created by George Washington, forever to be known as the Purple Heart Medal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW I Victory Medal W/Citation Star and Five Clasps, Ribbon Bar With Corresponding Number of Stars  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: WW I Victory Medal W/Citation Star and Five Clasps, Ribbon Bar With Corresponding Number of Stars

Citation Star.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW I Victory Medal W/Citation Star and Five Clasps, Ribbon Bar With Corresponding Number of Stars  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: WW I Victory Medal W/Citation Star and Five Clasps, Ribbon Bar With Corresponding Number of Stars

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Citation Star.
    Steve,
    Very nice. I have a special place in my heart for the Victory Medals. I have amassed a goodly amount of them to include all the Navy with bars and all the Army Countrys etc. Had intended to have one for each Division but was overcome by events and haven't completed that phase yet. I really like this one you posted.
    Terry