MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ww1 2nd Division helmet with a long history

Article about: I am happy to share with you a wonderful piece of history. I will try to be brief with the story but it spans 2 Wars and involves a Father and Son. Thos helmet and gas mask b

Default ww1 2nd Division helmet with a long history

I am happy to share with you a wonderful piece of history. I will try to be brief with the story but it spans 2 Wars and involves a Father and Son.
    Thos helmet and gas mask bag belonged to private Harold Grant Scoggins with the A.E.F in World War 1. Private Scoggins went on to become Chaplain Lt. Colonel in World War 2 and is one of 100 Chaplains to die in WW2.
    I am trying to break the story up into small pieces and will not be able to tell the whole story. Mr. Scoggins was born to a Missionary and followed in is father steps and was enrolled at Southwestern University studying to become a minister when the Great War broke out. Mr Scoggins joined with the 2nd Infantry Division 2nd supply train and earned 6 battle stars. He came home and married his sweetheart and raised a son. The Son whom I have had the great honor in speaking with at the grand age of 96 served in the PTO in World War 2 as a b24 pilot. 
    Mr. Scoggins was already with the National Guard and join up with the regular Army in 1942, he went to different post in the US before also serving in the PTO and was on Iwo Jima and served in the end with the 242nd field hospital.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww1 2nd Division helmet with a long history   ww1 2nd Division helmet with a long history  

ww1 2nd Division helmet with a long history   ww1 2nd Division helmet with a long history  

ww1 2nd Division helmet with a long history   ww1 2nd Division helmet with a long history  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

College years
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww1 2nd Division helmet with a long history   ww1 2nd Division helmet with a long history  

Wauw really like that one!
    Thank you for a great story and for showing great items

Time to go

Off to France

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Wauw really like that one!
    Thank you for a great story and for showing great items
    Thanks,
    I will post the rest of the story on the Chaplain thread.

Marty

2nd supply train is credited for the Indian head insignia design.

Chaplain Scoggins M1 Chaplains liner.

Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww1 2nd Division helmet with a long history  

MAP
    ?

Fantastic Marty!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That is a beauty Marty!!!
    Great addition.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast