Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Armored Car Toy/ Trench Art?

Article about: Hi all. I am posting this for someone who asked for my advice on it. It looks to be a tin silhouette of an armored car. I think meant to be some sort of toy. I am just wondering if anyone kn

Default WW1 Armored Car Toy/ Trench Art?

Hi all. I am posting this for someone who asked for my advice on it. It looks to be a tin silhouette of an armored car. I think meant to be some sort of toy. I am just wondering if anyone know anything about such things and can give me any information as I have not seen this kind of thing before. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Armored Car Toy/ Trench Art?  

A toy gun or slingshot target?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hadn't thought of that, nice one.

I would think the detailing is far too high for it to be just a target. its probably just meant as an ornament to sit on a mantelpiece or made for a child to use with toy soldiers. I would think the armoured car is definitely trench-art though.

Perhaps just a cheap tin toy, similar items in cardboard were common back in those days, a flat item on little wooden bases.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the input guys. I had no idea they made toys out of cardboard, but I suppose it made sense.