Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 British Army Captain research help. 4th Battalion The Border Regt

Article about: Hi guys, I could do with a little help on this one. I have a tunic belonging to a Captain W.D. Crewdson of the 4th Bn, The Borders, and I am trying to find anything of his wartime service re

Default WW1 British Army Captain research help. 4th Battalion The Border Regt

Hi guys, I could do with a little help on this one. I have a tunic belonging to a Captain W.D. Crewdson of the 4th Bn, The Borders, and I am trying to find anything of his wartime service records. I have looked in the London Gazette and found notes on him either side of the war but nothing in wartime. Does anyone know if / where the Border Regiment war diaries are published?

Here is a link to a thread on the tunic which also shows my research up to now.

British Army Captain Named Mess Tunic

Thanks!
    Andy

Default Re: WW1 British Army Captain research help. 4th Battalion The Border Regt

Hi Andy, here's his medal index card if you haven't seen it.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 British Army Captain research help. 4th Battalion The Border Regt  

Default Re: WW1 British Army Captain research help. 4th Battalion The Border Regt

I've not seen that no, but your pic didn't work for me

It will now, waved my magic wand over it.

Thanks Tom for posting it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Oh good, I'm a newbie so still learning the ropes! I thought it might be of use to you though. I'd never heard of the Kachin Expeditionary Force, so I learnt something new from it too.

Cheers,

Tom

Superb! Thanks Tom, and Ade for your magic

I'm a bit of a rookie in this field, but this would be the group described correct? I might have inadvertently begun collecting British WW1 stuff here.....

Those are the correct medals.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Pip, Squeak & Wilfred as they are known.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the help gents