Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 British medals and isignia for review, please

Article about: Hi guys, I think the cloth 'parachute wings' badge is actually a balloon pilots badge. Regards, Mark.

Default WW1 British medals and isignia for review, please

Forum

I have been wanting to post these beauties for some time but pic-loading issues kept me from it. I love these medals and insignia, they are beautifully made and look great with my WW2 English silver coins. Please have a look and confirm authenticity and perhaps what they are. I have an idea on a couple of them but defer to someone with knowledge in this area. I purchased them from one seller at a bargain price of $20 for the lot. As you know, I keep everything and have no intention in parting with them but do any of these items have significant value?

Greenhorn

359071[/attach]WW1 British medals and isignia for review, please[aWW1 British medals and isignia for review, pleaseWW1 British medals and isignia for review, pleaseWW1 British medals and isignia for review, pleaseWW1 British medals and isignia for review, pleaseWW1 British medals and isignia for review, pleaseWW1 British medals and isignia for review, pleaseWW1 British medals and isignia for review, pleaseWW1 British medals and isignia for review, pleaseWW1 British medals and isignia for review, pleaseWW1 British medals and isignia for review, pleaseWW1 British medals and isignia for review, pleaseWW1 British medals and isignia for review, pleasettach=config]359073[/attach]
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Default Re: WW1 British medals and isignia for review, please

Wow Green - $20 - What a steal.........!

They all look good to me. The 'Africa Star' - $25. RAF wings are a 'sweetheart' item,
    but 'sterling' marked - very cool. The WWI British War Medal to RN - approx
    $40-$50 on it's own. The RAF cap badge is also good, and worth
    what you paid for the entire group !
    Regards,

Steve.

Steve

I asked the seller, "which one for $20", he responded with, "all of them, including the display case", a shadowbox with bad insert. I didn't hesitate. I said to myselft, "what a steal!!". British awards and insignia seem to be nicely designed and very well made, I had no idea.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

British medals are nice because, except for a few types,
    they are generally made of pure silver.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    British medals are nice because, except for a few types,
    they are generally made of pure silver.........!
    Is that, right?! Good taste, those Brits have! I'm glad I've kept open minded about collecting, otherwise these would have not made their way into my possession. I get home from work, kiss the kids and wife, and go take a peek at these medals/insignia. So silly! Like a little boy all over again.

Wow, Green! Very nice purchase! I Really like the balloon pilot badge and have never seen one in a Red cloth before, so I can only wonder what country it is from, but it's an Excellent patch, for sure and almost certainly worth the most in the entire lot. The Herefordshire badge is great too! So iconic! I Will warn you, though-be Very careful when collecting British insignias and badges-they're Horrendously addictive and there is Absolutely no end to them! The go for centuries and are from all over the Planet! And, some of them are pricey enough to turn your hair white! Again, a Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Great find Green, I keep waiting for my turn lol Wargriff is right, I just wanted a couple of ww2 medals for my impresseion, now I'm looking for ww1 medals, and I've had an eye on some boer war medals it doesn't end with just one

William and Paul

Thank you for the kind words. It does not end with just one, Paul. Not when they look this good

Green

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Please have a look and confirm authenticity and perhaps what they are.
    OK, lets do that

We have:

1. A Royal Air Force OAs cap badge (probably WW2 but could be any time 1918-1952)
    2. An RAF sweetheart pin
    3. An Africa Star (already discussed)
    4. A British War Medal 1914-1920, awarded to Driver P Bennett, Royal Artillery
    5. A Herefordshire Regiment cap badge (which I think is a fake/restrike)
    6. I have no idea what the parachute wings are, I don't think they are British...

Rob

Thanks Rob

I would not have guessed it was a sweetheart pin. Looks military to me but I'm not familiar with these things. Thanks for your reply.

Green

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast