Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 British Pair, Memorial Coin and book, I saved it from being lost!

Article about: Well I was at a paper show in Toronto on the weekend, I saw this Group being sold, however the dealer was selling each piece by itself OK I do not collect much in the way of British Items, h

?

Default WW1 British Pair, Memorial Coin and book, I saved it from being lost!

Well I was at a paper show in Toronto on the weekend, I saw this Group being sold, however the dealer was selling each piece by itself
    OK I do not collect much in the way of British Items, however I felt I could not bring myself to see this group broken up, there was a fellow looking at the book, and another that scraps silver..he was looking at the War Medal. So I paid more for them as pieces than they are worth on the market.... there are times we collectors should "bite the bullet" to save this sort of History

The Medals have the wrong ribbons on them, however I have never seen the "Soldiers Small Book" before
    The Driver of Artillery was Killed on March 28 1918, so I think that was when the Germans made their last big push.

I want these to go to a good home and will try to list them in the for sale section of this forum, however for sometime I have not been able to post photos there, so I have not been able to list many items I have.

Just Thought I would let you all see these, and Let you all know that even if I do not Collect this sort of thing, I care enough to save them as a Group!!!

SORRY FOR THE BEAR BADGE PHOTOS, MY MISTAKE SORRY

Dean O
    Canada

WW1 British Pair, Memorial Coin and book, I saved it from being lost!WW1 British Pair, Memorial Coin and book, I saved it from being lost!WW1 British Pair, Memorial Coin and book, I saved it from being lost!WW1 British Pair, Memorial Coin and book, I saved it from being lost!WW1 British Pair, Memorial Coin and book, I saved it from being lost!WW1 British Pair, Memorial Coin and book, I saved it from being lost!WW1 British Pair, Memorial Coin and book, I saved it from being lost!WW1 British Pair, Memorial Coin and book, I saved it from being lost!WW1 British Pair, Memorial Coin and book, I saved it from being lost!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 British Pair, Memorial Coin and book, I saved it from being lost!  

well done Dean.

?

Well done Dean for keeping that set together - that's a lot of history there.

Regards, Philip

?

Well done mate, 10/10 from me.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Thanks Guys..it Needed to be saved as a set..not Broken up

Dean O

jwp
    ?

great stuff, well done for keeping it together.
    john.

Yep, nice save Dean.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

That's a nice group! Well done.

?

Good show Dean .... Keeping them together was the right thing
    This might be the chap ...

CWGC - Casualty Details

Well done Dean, a good save, the small book isused in conjunction with the AB64

"The Soldier's Small Book allowed him to carry a concise record of his Army service, and assorted information that would prove of use during service, from details of his attestation, next-of-kin, fines, saluting, badges of rank, rifles and kit cleaning instructions, to assorted recipes suitable for field cooking, notes on marriage, civil employment after service, wills, and much more."
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.