Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 British Shoulder Titles, which way?

Article about: I've got a pair of shoulder titles or the Somerset Light Infantry. The horns are sided, which way should they be worn on the shoulders, horn forward or backward? Also these are brass, would

Default WW1 British Shoulder Titles, which way?

I've got a pair of shoulder titles or the Somerset Light Infantry. The horns are sided, which way should they be worn on the shoulders, horn forward or backward?

Also these are brass, would that be late war economy issue rather than white metal?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 British Shoulder Titles, which way?  

?

I'd have thought the shoulder title would be read from left to right as with RAMC, ASC, Queens etc. which would mean the bit of the horn you blow in is at the back of the shoulder.

Mind you, I'm no expert.

Tony

Thanks, seems to be the case that the horn faces forward..

The horn definitely faces forward. This original untouched one used to be in my collection. It has two-piece titles and is badged to the 1st Battalion, 4th Division.
    WW1 British Shoulder Titles, which way?WW1 British Shoulder Titles, which way?

Superb, this is for a tribute tunic to my grandfather... :-)

Brass/gilded metal for service dress, white metal for dress/parade is the norm, though some wore brass on both, but as far as I know white metal was not worn on service dress.

Very nice titles, lovely and great that they are for a good cause.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Cheers mate,

Afraid it a 22 pattern tunic and repro trench cap, but hey ho... I just need some foreign service chevrons for it... Know anywhere has them?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 British Shoulder Titles, which way?   WW1 British Shoulder Titles, which way?