Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

WW1 British Silver Wound badge

Article about: Hi Guys, I am not a big WW1 collector, but if items come along at the right price, I do buy them. The Silver Wound badge was issued to British Soldiers who were invalided out of the Army due

Date of death:

Name: Saville Kershaw
    Birth Date: abt 1893
    Date of Registration: Mar 1935
    Age at Death: 42
    Registration district: Rochdale
    Inferred County: Lancashire
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Forgive the slight topic creep but these pics are of 1st/6th Bn Lancashire Fusiliers preparing to embark for Egypt and possibly the events that resulted in the SWB I posted and Ade advised about! Just to give some historical context to this much overlooked badge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6bnLF.1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	961014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6bnLF.2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	961015

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Ancestry shows 725 badges to Kiwis but I'm no a member so can't check them All UK, Silver War Badge Records, 1914-1920 Results - UK, Silver War Badge Records, 1914-1920 -

FMP shows 223 badges to Kiwis, but none of them are NZ 515.

As far as I know Kiwi badges aren't recorded online (a few on Ancestry/FMP as with a few Canadian badges) and I'm not sure if they can be searched in Wellington either. Same goes for Canadian, SA and the hard to find Indian badges I think.

Isn't it only Silver War Badge examples to the RN, Brit Army, the AIF and some RAF (if you stumble across the RAF number on their papers) that can be researched?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123