Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Ww1 canadian 8th battalion helmet check

Article about: Hey everyone, Im always looking to expand my canadian Brodie collection, and just saw this one for sale. Could I get some opinions on it? Is it just me, or does the red paint appear over the

Default Ww1 canadian 8th battalion helmet check

Hey everyone,

Im always looking to expand my canadian Brodie collection, and just saw this one for sale. Could I get some opinions on it? Is it just me, or does the red paint appear over the rust/scratches in some spots?

Thanks in advance!

QuinnWw1 canadian 8th battalion helmet checkWw1 canadian 8th battalion helmet checkWw1 canadian 8th battalion helmet checkWw1 canadian 8th battalion helmet check

It depends if you think a helmet would only have the formation sign painted on it when it was brand new or would it have seen some service use and wear prior to that. I think that many WWI formation signs were only painted on after the end of hostilities, though I could be wrong.

The pictures are not really clear enough for me to comment on whether the sign was painted recently or some time much closer to the period of use.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the reply jerry. I agree, im pretty sure they were added post war in 1919. I'll ask for clearer photos.
    Last edited by matthewsq; 06-28-2016 at 12:42 AM.

Ww1 canadian 8th battalion helmet check

Hopefully this has better resolution. Thoughts?