Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 Canadian Helmet

Article about: Hey guys, I saw this one for sale priced at \\$95 Canadian. Apparently it was worn by a canadian soldier in ww1. What do you guys think about the price, and can anyone identify the green insig

Default ww1 Canadian Helmet

Hey guys,

I saw this one for sale priced at $95 Canadian. Apparently it was worn by a canadian soldier in ww1. What do you guys think about the price, and can anyone identify the green insignia? Also offered was a ww1 oliver belt, apparently canadian too.
    Thanks!

Quinn

ww1 Canadian Helmet

ww1 Canadian Helmet

ww1 Canadian Helmet

ww1 Canadian Helmet

ww1 Canadian Helmet

Default Re: ww1 Canadian Helmet

The green insignia is for the 46th Canadian Infantry Battalion, 4th Canadian Division. The belt is, just as you say, a Canadian Oliver belt, either pre-WWI or the 1915 version, I can't tell from these photos.

I would probably pay $95 for them

Rob

Thanks Rob! After some research I dont think im interested in the belt, because alot of the rings for holding kit are missing. I may just get the helmet... do you think $75 for the helmet is reasonable?

Yes that would be a great buy I think.

However, i think you may be wrong about the belt. There are only two rings on an Oliver belt, those being the two 'D' rings that I can clearly see. Are you confusing it with the 1916 Pattern Canadian Equipment perhaps?

Rob

ww1 Canadian HelmetThanks Rob, I looked closely at the pictures to find a "1912" date. There are two D rings. I think you are correct that they are all there, my bad! The seller is asking $40 for the belt now. Here is a picture of the full thing.

Yes it's an 1899 Oliver belt. The 1915 version was pretty much the same but had a leather piece attached to the inside rear.

Rob

Im more interested in the helmet right now, i think im going to pass on the belt. Thanks for the great help Rob, your a pal

You're welcome mate

Darn, I let this one pass, and now im seeking a ww1 canadian helmet and I wish i had bought this one...
    Does anyone know where there are british/canadian brodies for sale??

Thanks guys.

Quinn