Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 CEF Mk1 Brodie

Article about: Hi Gents, I'd like to share my most recent CEF acquisition, appreciate any feedback or comments I just picked this one up amongst other CEF goodies, it's a later war 1917 CEF Brodie with the

?

Default ww1 CEF Mk1 Brodie

Hi Gents,

I'd like to share my most recent CEF acquisition, appreciate any feedback or comments

I just picked this one up amongst other CEF goodies, it's a later war 1917 CEF Brodie with the exposed donut ring typically found under the felt padding. Manufacturer stamped HS 96, Hadfields Ltd. I really like the smooth finishe paint and light tan / khaki colour.

cheers,

Keith

ww1 CEF Mk1 Brodieww1 CEF Mk1 Brodieww1 CEF Mk1 Brodieww1 CEF Mk1 Brodie

Super helmet in great condition! Well done.

regards

Mark

Nice Helmet,so am i right in thinking that Canada too purchased from the British the same as the AEF did?i like it a lot,thanks for sharing........

?

Nice looking helmet, watch out for that asbestos
    Asbestos Alert: WW1 Helmets | Museum Network Warwickshire

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Nice Helmet,so am i right in thinking that Canada too purchased from the British the same as the AEF did?i like it a lot,thanks for sharing........
    If i'm not mistaken, the Americans bought roughly 400,000 british made brodies and further supplied their own M1917 models. Canada bought pretty much all british made brodies although there are some examples of Cdn used M1917's.

?

That's an odd colour, I have 4 or 5, none have that shell colour..interesting lid.

Dean O
    Canada

?

Default cef helmets

Quote by CampX View Post
    That's an odd colour, I have 4 or 5, none have that shell colour..interesting lid.

Dean O
    Canada
    Thanks Dean O, here are some pics (without the morning sun light and photo software enhancement) of the helmet along side an artillery helmet with a similar colour. Not an usual colour, just a poor photographer.

ww1 CEF Mk1 Brodieww1 CEF Mk1 Brodie

?

Here are 5 of my six WW1 Canadian used lids, all are darker, one is near black

Dean O
    Canada

ww1 CEF Mk1 Brodieww1 CEF Mk1 Brodieww1 CEF Mk1 Brodieww1 CEF Mk1 Brodieww1 CEF Mk1 Brodie

?

Nice collection you have there dean o. Check out Index CEF Helmets for some great examples of cef lids. The 85th battalion shows a representative example of lignter khaki paint colour similar the the one I'm showing. Would love to own these beauties. Cheers

?

Thank you for the link, I will have to keep an eye out for one of these lighter coloured ones.

Dean O
    Canada