Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 compass, case and strap. 1916.

Article about: Hi, Just though id share with you this 1916 dated, broad arrow marked, Verners MKVII compass i picked up today. The makers name is Cruchon & Emons London. This is complete with a 1916 da

Default WW1 compass, case and strap. 1916.

Hi,

Just though id share with you this 1916 dated, broad arrow marked, Verners MKVII compass i picked up today. The makers name is Cruchon & Emons London. This is complete with a 1916 dated case, maker is L.F & Co as well as leather carrying strap. On it has the name M.A Robinson, 60th rifles written on the front of the case. The compass is in really excellent working condition.

Opinions welcome (sorry that the photo showing the markings on the compass is a bit fuzzy, camera decided it wouldn't focus correctly).

Thanks

Vicky
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 compass, case and strap. 1916.   WW1 compass, case and strap. 1916.  

WW1 compass, case and strap. 1916.   WW1 compass, case and strap. 1916.  

Default Re: WW1 compass, case and strap. 1916.

nice vicky perhaps you can trace the name.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    nice vicky perhaps you can trace the name.
    Thank you

Vicky,

Very nice complete verniers pattern compass. If my memory serves 60th Rifles are the Kings Royal Rifle Corps.

regards

Mark

Quote by Mark Holden View Post
    Vicky,

Very nice complete verniers pattern compass. If my memory serves 60th Rifles are the Kings Royal Rifle Corps.

regards

Mark
    Hi mark, Thanks for that. Just looked them up and it appears you are correct.

Thanks

Vicky