Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 Dough Boy Dog Tag

Article about: Hi everyone,im trying to trace a ww1 us Capt Harry Reinhardt of Berkeley Cal,Engineers Co,I am not having a lot of luck with various records and was hoping someone more knowledgeable maybe a

Default ww1 Dough Boy Dog Tag

Hi everyone,im trying to trace a ww1 us Capt Harry Reinhardt of Berkeley Cal,Engineers Co,I am not having a lot of luck with various records and was hoping someone more knowledgeable maybe able to help provide any info or link,many thanks in advance......

Captain Harry Reinhardt of Berkeley,California

ww1 Dough Boy Dog Tag
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William,how did you find this out without a Army service number?also any details like was he KIA?as I purchased his Dogtags,cheers.....

There is an online data base of California WWI soldiers-This is the only one that fit both name and location. As for what happened to Harry, there are a couple different Harry Reinhardt's that were living in Berkeley after the war. The one I'd guess is most probable as to being "Your" Harry Reinhardt was born in 1887 and died 39 years ago in 1975. No doubt his personal effects were scattered when he died almost 40 years ago. He may or may not have had any living family at the time, so away they went.
    William

Thanks for all your help William,its great to put a face to the name,and now can't wait to have them in hand.....

Absolutely. When you can See the person who's tags or property you have in your home and hand, it Definitely makes it more personal. They may be long gone themselves, but this way they are never forgotten.
    William

Forgot to add pics of Harry's Dog-tags hopefully wont be to long a wait..........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww1 Dough Boy Dog Tag   ww1 Dough Boy Dog Tag  

Well i now have Harry's tags nice and safe and its great to have them in hand,will put them with my other stuff hopefully now my collection will starts to grow....