Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ww1 doughboy helmet? winter camo?

Article about: This is a post war ww2 helmet use in Israel.

?

Arrow ww1 doughboy helmet? winter camo?

Hello fellas, I just picked this up and was curious about a couple things. First, is it ww1? second, is it american? and finally, is this winter paint? thanks for any feedback.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww1 doughboy helmet? winter camo?   ww1 doughboy helmet? winter camo?  

ww1 doughboy helmet? winter camo?  

Default Re: ww1 doughboy helmet? winter camo?

looks more like a brit mk II,,,liner incorrect ,,,maybe a civil type issue of the combat helmet

?

Interesting...If British, then what era, still ww1?

hard to tell what era from your pics,,,but i am guessing post-WW II usage...

?

I see, maybe relined. Thanks for your input!
    ~dean

HI,,,CHECK for a "dimple" at the top of your helmet,,,if there is one,,it is WW II production,if not,maybe WW I make,,,lots of countries used this style of helmet post wwII and some countries even produced this style on their own,,,post pics of the chinstrap lugs, or top of helmet,,,i believe it is definitely relined....

?

Theres no dimple at the top. still need more photos?
    ~Dean

?

I dont think its British as such, it could be a variation of the Brodie helmet but the liner and fixings look odd, i think it might be American civvie, but not a winter helmet, the whole thing is painted inside and out

?

This style helmet was also used in construction and underground mining with different liner styles until the lighter plastic material style helmets with wide brims became available during WWII. The miners helmets were the same composition as the second style military liner.
    SteveR

I used to own a British post war NHSR civil defence helmet that was very similar to this, Knowing what I know now, the helmet was probaly ww1 issue and reissued to the NHSR after ww2. The liner was different from the one in your pic but it was painted white inside and out and had no nut and bolt in the top of the helmet. It also had the NHSR decal on the front in black. Later, I owned a white NHSR mk4 turtle helmet, this one was ex army painted white inside and out. Both are long gone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast