Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographs

Article about: Hello all I currently work for an auction house and I'm lucky enough to be cataloging a photo album containing over 400 original photographs documenting the Gallipoli Campaign, which include

Smile WW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographs

Hello all

I currently work for an auction house and I'm lucky enough to be cataloging a photo album containing over 400 original photographs documenting the Gallipoli Campaign, which includes shots of Alexandria, Jerusalum, Gaza, Jericho, Gibraltar and Cairo and the final advance at Damascus. From what I can gather the majority of the album were taken by someone on an official basis, in particular the larger photos have the Crown Copyright watermarks on the back, which I am assuming mean they were taken with the prospect of later being reproduced for press purposes. Some later in the album were taken by a captured German Officer. The majority have annotations in pencil either below or on the back which help with identification. I hope that you can make some of the captions out.

Unfortunately there is no indication as to the compiler of this album, they are all partially laid down in a large-ish green album with no markings and whilst there are some names referenced in the album there is no sign of the original owner.

Nevertheless I think the photo album is absolutely fascinating and would love to share some of the images with you. If anyone has anything to add or anything they think might be interesting from the few photographs I can show you here, it would be really interesting to hear as I really want to learn as much as I can about this album.

I could spend all day photographing these (and if I had the time, would definitely do so!) so here are just a few of the images.

Happy viewing If anybody wants to see more I will happily take some extra ones and create a second post.

WW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographsWW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographs   WW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographs  

WW1 Gallipoli Campaign photographs  

Interesting pictures of the most disastrous British campaign.