Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 medal trio with Salonika connection

Article about: Was pleased to get this lot recently. Nice unworn trio and ribbons, dog tags, patches that I think signify 4 years overseas and my favorite, the Salonika Recreational Training medal. All con

Default WW1 medal trio with Salonika connection

Was pleased to get this lot recently. Nice unworn trio and ribbons, dog tags, patches that I think signify 4 years overseas and my favorite, the Salonika Recreational Training medal. All contained within a Princess Mary Tin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 medal trio with Salonika connection   WW1 medal trio with Salonika connection  

WW1 medal trio with Salonika connection   WW1 medal trio with Salonika connection  

WW1 medal trio with Salonika connection  

Default Re: WW1 medal trio with Salonika connection

Great group, those overseas chevrons are hard to come by.If you need his MIC give me a shout.

If you could access it or tell me how to access it that would be great Thanks very much.

Excellent group and good that you have his name and can research his history.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Heres his medal index card,seems he first went to France in sept 1915, you may be able to identify his Battalion from this and also check
    which battalion of SLI were in Salonika.This site is good for checking Regimental postings http://www.1914-1918.net/ksli.htm
    Looks like he was 8th service Battalion.

- - Updated - -

The 8th SLI were in 22nd Division linke here for movements and engagements http://www.ordersofbattle.darkscape.net/site/warpath/divs/22_div.htm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 medal trio with Salonika connection  

Wow, thank you very, very much. Its great to have the history to go with these items. Also its going to prompt me to research to Salonika capaign more. Once again, thank you.

As I take an interest in all things Shropshire, I thought I'd do a little digging on this trio. Hope you like.

Cheers, Tom

WW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connectionWW1 medal trio with Salonika connection

Super little group!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

jwp
    ?

What a great find, well done !

Well done Tom for adding some more meat to the bones of this group.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast