Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 Medals

Article about: Hi Guys I recently acquired these medals and badges. They are issued to G-16118 Pte .E. Rivett. R.W.Kent R. I can see from the CWGC that he was unfortunately KIA on 4th November 1918 and bur

?

Default WW1 Medals

Hi Guys
    I recently acquired these medals and badges.
    They are issued to G-16118 Pte .E. Rivett. R.W.Kent R.
    I can see from the CWGC that he was unfortunately KIA on 4th November 1918 and buried in France.
    There is also an imperial service medal with the two WW1 medals. There is some paper in the box that says Rivett, Edward William Technician Class 2(A) Norwich.
    I haven’t done any research at all on this lot yet but wondered if anyone knows why the imperial service medal would be issued too? (With Queen E II head)
    If anyone can help with this it would be much appreciated as always!
    Cheers
    Jimbo

WW1 MedalsWW1 MedalsWW1 Medals

May be his sons medal or someone else from the same family ?

Hello Jimbo,

The London Gazette Dated 3rd August 1965, Page Number 7363, Supplement Nr : 43728, Awards for the General Post Office lists Edward William Rivett, Technician Class (II) A.

I hope that above information is of some use and help to you

Best wishes

Andrzej

Hello Jimbo,

I just thought that you might like to see His MiC

WW1 Medals

Also Edward William Rivett Born 1903 Yarmouth, Died 1989 Norwich

Best wishes

Andrzej

?

Very interesting, thanks chaps. I have found this website with a photo of his grave in France - seems another trip over there is in order The Queens Own Royal West Kent R

Looks like the post office award ISM was for his son.

Will have to do some more research, would be interesting to know the soldiers profession before the war - given that he was 42 when he was KIA. I find it fascinating to build up a profile of the soldiers life before the war, important for their memory too.

Do you have access to Ancestry ?

His service record is available.

?

I haven’t got it at the moment unfortunately, I will have to sign up again soon when I have some more items to research. Might not be long as I’m itching to find out some more info!

Quote by Jimbo View Post
    I haven’t got it at the moment unfortunately, I will have to sign up again soon when I have some more items to research. Might not be long as I’m itching to find out some more info!
    If you are going to join Ancestry, I will let you enjoy doing the research.

?

Thanks Richie, I joined back up at the weekend! I found quite a few bits of information about him, including his census records from before the war - which showed his profession as a coal trimmer. Also got his military records, including hospital admissions from when he was wounded and finally the war diary for the battle he was KIA.
    I am not the best navigating Ancestry, but seem to have found quite a bit so far!

There is some additional info I would like to find out - which company he was in of the 7th Battalion - not sure if this is something I can find on Ancestry?
    I would also like to find a photo of him if possible, possibly from his local paper after his signing up date/KIA date? Are these available on Ancestry do you know?
    Any help or advice would be greatly received! Thanks

I think I have found the details of Platoon and Company - please see the attached.

It would appear to be 9 Platoon C Company. Dated December 1918 so this may well relate to when he was killed but I may be wrong.

You sometimes find photos attached to Family Trees on Ancestry although that doesn't seem to be the case here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Medals  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast