Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Officers Campaign ....lighter ? lamp ? cooker ? hair curling stand ?? help required !!

Article about: Hi , Picked this up with some military items ...any idea folks ?? thanks Steve

Default WW1 Officers Campaign ....lighter ? lamp ? cooker ? hair curling stand ?? help required !!

Hi ,
    Picked this up with some military items ...any idea folks ??
    thanks Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Officers Campaign ....lighter ? lamp ? cooker ? hair curling stand ?? help required !!  

just found this on a museum web site .....Portable alcohol burner for heating surgical instruments in order to cauterize wounds in the field. The burner is made of tinned iron with a brass button catch. It opens flat with a reservoir and cloth tape wick in one half and two folding brass supports in the other. The brass stand would support the instrument handle while the blade was held about two inches above the flame. The inside of the burner is stamped “E.P./ PARIS”. It was used during the Civil War by Captain William Moore Leyde of the 1st Minnesota Heavy Artillery, Company B, as a camp stove or lantern...identical to mine except mine is not maker marked !!! ....

I was just going to say that!......

..lol....any idea on value folks !! think this has got to be rather rare .....

The two that I have seen is an antique one for about 67 euro which is about 92 U.S. dollars and one on Ebay for 130 U.S. dollars so somewhere in between there. (note: this is what I have seen them go for).