Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Photo Grouping Teddy Roosevelt Commander Nimitz WHOS the Captain ?

Article about: Hi folks. I have a bunch of ww1 US Naval glossy's of submarines, destroyers, and an aircraft carrier on maneuvers while being reviewed by Teddy Roosevelt, Commander Nimitz, Does anyone know

Default WW1 Photo Grouping Teddy Roosevelt Commander Nimitz WHOS the Captain ?

Hi folks. I have a bunch of ww1 US Naval glossy's of submarines, destroyers, and an aircraft carrier on maneuvers while being reviewed by Teddy Roosevelt, Commander Nimitz, Does anyone know who the Captain (center) might be ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Photo Grouping Teddy Roosevelt Commander Nimitz WHOS the Captain ?   WW1 Photo Grouping Teddy Roosevelt Commander Nimitz WHOS the Captain ?  

WW1 Photo Grouping Teddy Roosevelt Commander Nimitz WHOS the Captain ?  

?

The carrier in the photo is either the Lexington or Saratoga, both of whicn were not commissioned until 1927. I don't see Nimitz in the photos.

BobS

WW1 Photo Grouping Teddy Roosevelt Commander Nimitz WHOS the Captain ? Im by no means an expert just looking for opinions. I had previously looked around on the internet i came upon this photo that bears what I thought to be a fairly good resemblance the officer on the right of my photo. Plus the sub photos that were with the group led me to believe a stronger likelihood that I was on to something but maybe I was wrong. I believe Nimitz was an advocate of submarines and there potential in battle. Am i reaching ?
    Last edited by Jammanna; 10-09-2015 at 06:35 PM.