Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Purple Heart named Albert L Dresnek

Article about: Hey there, I'm new to this forum and like to start off with asking for some help/information. A while ago I picked up this purple heart at a ww2 militaria fair in the Netherlands. I saw it w

?

Default WW1 Purple Heart named Albert L Dresnek

Hey there,

I'm new to this forum and like to start off with asking for some help/information.
    A while ago I picked up this purple heart at a ww2 militaria fair in the Netherlands. I saw it was engraved and the seller wasn't too interrested in ww1 so it was fairly cheap. I don't know much about engraved USA medals but I do know they are collectable.

It's a first model with number 10526 on its side. On the back engraved Albert L Dresnek. It came with a copy of the paper handed out when awarded. Appearantly the poor fellow was killed just before the end of WW1 while serving the 125th inf.
    It's worn but that's kind of appealing to my opinion.

I'd like to get some help or tips in finding out more about the man. 125th was from Michigan I believe but I can't find any information about Dresnek. I tried an ancestry site but it required subscription and a fee so no luck. Also like to find out wat the 125th was up to round oktober 1918. Which battles were fought? And who could tell me what al the numbers on the paper mean?

Thanks for your opinions and tips everyone!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Purple Heart named Albert L Dresnek   WW1 Purple Heart named Albert L Dresnek  

WW1 Purple Heart named Albert L Dresnek   WW1 Purple Heart named Albert L Dresnek  

Default Re: WW1 Purple Heart named Albert L Dresnek

Very nice item...sorry I cannot be of any help but good luck in your quest...regards Dave.

?

Hello Kaske i had a look for him in the American battle monuments commission with no luck, but looking at the paperwork i see why as he wasnt killed but wounded. So it will be harder to research but some ph collectors will tell you how, a good starting point would be to look up his unit. Nice medal by the way and welcome to the forum

?

Thanks guys, and thanks for the help. I'll see if I can find out more. Maybe I should subscribe to ancestry.com..

you could also try posting the medal on the US Militaria Forum.

catchcan101
    ?

Hello I am a grandson of Albert L Dresnek, and I reside in the USA.I would very much like to hear from you as to the possibility of maybe getting his medal. He came home and worked for the city of Cleveland,Ohio, and retired to a farm in New Lyme Ohio. He married Martha Healy and they had 3 boys. Albert,Jr, Leo and Ramon who was my father. Al and Ramon fought in WW2 and were both in Germany at the end of the war. My name is Bill Dresnek, and my e-mail address is catchcan101@embarqmail.com. It is just amazing how sometime the things that appear on the internet. I will be gone for week starting2-4-13 but will answer any e-mails that you send. As a kid I got off the bus every day at their house, and my Grandmother made Kluski Noodles and mushroom soup. i wonder if Gramps ever got tired of it. He died at the age of 97. I almost forgot, he was wounded in the wrist, and as far as I knew the bullet was never taken out. Thank You in advance for any replyes that you send. Bill

Dresnekbabygirl
    ?

My grandfathers name was Albert L Dresnek. As far as my mother can remember,he did not receive the Purple Heart....She remembers he was injured but no award was ever talked about. My grandfather has passed as well as my Dad. If you could contact me on Yahoo.com I would love to send whatever information we can give to each other. Thank you very much

Dresnekbabygirl
    ?

My Yahoo address is cdresnek@yahoo.com. My brother has written the other reply. He is the one who found this site and told me about. i hope you get all our messages so we can find out more. I am contacting other family members that may know more about. Thank you and have a great day.