Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 rimless helmet liner

Article about: Does anyone know where I can get a liner for my ww1 rimless Brodie helmet pictures here. http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ww1-al...219/#post69556 I am not sure what I should be looking for so p

Default WW1 rimless helmet liner

Does anyone know where I can get a liner for my ww1 rimless Brodie helmet pictures here.

British helmet, id?

I am not sure what I should be looking for so please post a picture of the right type of liner.

Thanks for any help z4.

Have a look on the website of Prairie Flower Company, or you could try Soldier of Fortune. Either website will show you the type of liner you require - but some are better made than others!

While the shell may be the 1915 rimless type, the chinstrap loops and the one-piece sliding bar buckle chinstrap are clear evidence that it was fitted with a standard Mk I helmet liner.

I wouldn't bother with a reproduction liner. It will cost a fair bit and do nothing for the value of the helmet. The liners were never very firmly attached, and there are plenty of period photos showing Tommies wearing just the helmet liner. It's entirely possible the liner from your helmet fell out in 1917.

ok thanks for the advice.

z4

NCA
    ?

Military History workshop...Khaki on campaign...WPG all do repro liners.

?

I agree with AEF1917.

To fit a repro liner you'll need to remove the copper rivet which is still holding the chinstrap in place and fit a new one with the new liner. I'd leave it as is or possibly place a repro liner loose inside however, it's your decision.

Here's a pic of a Brit liner and the red Brodie patent stamp, US liners usually have grey coloured felt and a blue/black ink stamp.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 rimless helmet liner   WW1 rimless helmet liner  

I would also agree with AEF1917, and btw Tony that looks like a really nice helmet!