Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ww1 style british army staff officers service dress cap

Article about: Heres my next ww1 cap . It had bad mothing to the peak so i carefully glued matching material over the considerable holes there . The rest was in nice shape . The Colonel and staff officers

Default Ww1 style british army staff officers service dress cap

Heres my next ww1 cap . It had bad mothing to the peak so i carefully glued matching material over the considerable holes there . The rest was in nice shape . The Colonel and staff officers embroidered badge seems slightly smaller than GVI ones ive encountered and the general rigid outline is what is expected of early 20th c officer caps i think . Also the underside of the peak is green and not covered by cloth as in most 40s examples .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 style british army staff officers service dress cap   Ww1 style british army staff officers service dress cap  

Ww1 style british army staff officers service dress cap   Ww1 style british army staff officers service dress cap  

Ww1 style british army staff officers service dress cap   Ww1 style british army staff officers service dress cap  

Default Re: Ww1 style british army staff officers service dress cap

Nice cap Rob. I have a Staff Officers Gor Blimey cap and the General Staff badge is the same size. All the best Mark

Rob as promised some pics of my Staff Gor BlimeyWw1 style british army staff officers service dress capWw1 style british army staff officers service dress capWw1 style british army staff officers service dress cap

Very nice caps and great to see them. I have yet to add a WWI cap to my collection, though I have a interwars cap with the green underside to the peak which I assume is pre WWII and I have a post WWII staff cap, though the former type of cap continued in use into WWII I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.