Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ww1 trio set.

Article about: Hi folk,i no nothing really of medals in general,so asking for some help to A-maybe track service record-PTE A.E.J SMITH.4392 A.C.YC.CORPS.B-what was the cycling corp?C-what is the dark meda

Default Ww1 trio set.

Hi folk,i no nothing really of medals in general,so asking for some help to A-maybe track service record-PTE A.E.J SMITH.4392
    A.C.YC.CORPS.B-what was the cycling corp?C-what is the dark medal,i know the other two,any help as always greatly appreciated,thanks in advance.also a pair of ww2 medals they came all together.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 trio set.   Ww1 trio set.  

Ww1 trio set.   Ww1 trio set.  

Ww1 trio set.  

Been doing some background research on how these cycling units were deployed etc,could the A mean Artillery attachment?any help please.

?

Mate, a bloody nice group for someone who doesn't know much about the medals.

The dark one is a 1914-15 Star, earned by anyone who arrived in a theatre of war from 23/11/14 to 31/12/15.

Here's something on the Army Cyclist Corps Army Cyclist Corps - The Long, Long Trail and the medals The British campaign medals of WW1

Below is his medal index card showing when he arrived in France. I'm not on ancestry so can't check the medal rolls but it might be worth checking the POW records too. He wasn't the only AEJ Smith who served in the war which doesn't make searching easy but I couldn't find anything else about him.

If the War and Defence Medals were his too then he no doubt served throughout WWII on the home front.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 trio set.  

That's quite a hard to find medals with that unit , the A stands for Army ,the star is on its right ribbon but the other two need to be swaped over as they are on the wrong ribbons

Cheers guys,Tony thanks for the army record and info,so was the star not issued after 1915?and whats the round medal with king George called?so Krad cycling unit sets don't appear very often then?thanks again you've been a great help...........

A good trio to have. The medals are in the wrong order, they should look like this trio.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww1 trio set.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry............

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    A good trio to have. The medals are in the wrong order, they should look like this trio.
    No pic Jerry Edit - the photo is now there.

The order is the Star, British War Medal (silver one) and the Victory with the Star on the left if looking at them being worn.

That's just his medal index card, not his record. If someone can check the medal roll it might show his battalion.

The incorrect mounting of the British War Medals and Victory Medal ribbons is a relatively common error committed by the original receipients. It looks like the Victory medal ribbon(rainbow colours) has been with the war medal a long time. Its up to you if you want to put the medals on the correct ribbon alternatively you may choose to leave tham as Pte Smith or his family wore them.

regards

Mark

I'll leave them Mark as they were found.cheers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast