Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 Uniforms and gear in my inventory

Article about: Slowly but surely I'm figuring out how to work within the guidelines of this forum. I appreciate the tips. Here's some photos of military gear I'm a lot more familiar, and confident in deali

Default WW1 Uniforms and gear in my inventory

Slowly but surely I'm figuring out how to work within the guidelines of this forum.
    I appreciate the tips.
    Here are some photos of military gear I'm a lot more familiar with, and confident in dealing with, than WWII German anything.
    This is a small sampling of my WWI inventory displayed at a show we worked in April.
    All the WWI inventory is for sale.
    I didn't do too well posting the photos on my first try and they were a real hodge-podge so I have corrected this post.
    I will post more on this thread and show individual groupings.
    Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Uniforms and gear in my inventory   WW1 Uniforms and gear in my inventory  

WW1 Uniforms and gear in my inventory   WW1 Uniforms and gear in my inventory  

Last edited by jculber; 08-21-2016 at 03:48 PM.

Default WWI 89th Infantry Div. Machine Gunner’s grouping

A very complete WWI 89th Infantry Div. Machine Gunner’s grouping; 89th Inf. Div Helmet; cotton tunic, cotton trousers; puttees, hobnail boots, socks, wool shirt, underwear, cartridge belt with suspenders & canteen; backpack with mess kit, condiment tin, bacon tin; gas mask with accessories in canvas case. The helmet with this grouping is for an artilleryman in the 89th. I do not know why this is. I will be listing this grouping in the classifieds. For the buyer I will include an 8x10 B&W digital print made a from a scan of a 1st generation wet-process, custom made print I produced from the original nitrate negative of Gen. John J. Pershing presenting medals to men in the 89th.
    Thanks for looking.
    Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Uniforms and gear in my inventory   WW1 Uniforms and gear in my inventory  

Last edited by jculber; 08-24-2016 at 01:57 AM.

Default WWI Machine Gunner; Cpl.; 3rd Army Tank Corps

WWI Machine Gunner; Cpl.; 3rd Army Tank Corps; named – Maulk; wool tunic & trousers.
    This original WWI 3rd Army Tank Corps Machine Gunner Uniform is named and includes the Tunic & Trousers. The wool Tunic is fully lined with 2 inside pockets and the manufacturer's label. The Tanker/Machine Gunner's name is on the right sleeve lining. There are 2 frays in the liner from the lower pocket buttons, the left front inside has 2 moth holes. The tunic collar closes with 2 original hooks-n-eyes. The collar is decorated with 1 screw back "U.S." collar insignia on the left. There are 5 large dark eagle buttons down the front plus a snap to close the front of the tunic. The 4 pockets each close with 1 small dark eagle button, plus each epaulet is fastened with 1 small dark eagle button. On the right sleeve is a rank patch, on the left sleeve is a rare 3rd Army Tank corps patch, rare Machine Gunner patch, Honorable Discharge patch & Service patch. On the right front there is 1 small moth hole right & above 2nd button, 1 small moth hole above the bottom pocket, 1 small moth hole on the bottom pocket, 1 fray below the 3rd button, 1 medium moth hole on bottom pocket, 3 small moth holes right of bottom pocket & below snap, a black stain on the bottom pocket which should come out if cleaned carefully (see photo). On the left front there is 1 small moth hole below 2 button hole next to facing seam, 1 reddish stain below 3rd button hole, 3 light colored short lines & a spot on the bottom pocket. Left sleeve has 2 moth holes. On the back is mothing in the upper right, 1 small moth hole on the lower right. This vintage WWI 3rd Army Tanker/Machine Gunner's Tunic is in very good condition. Measurements are: Chest: 36-1/2" (measured under arm pits); Sleeves 31" (measured from center back to cuff edge). This WWI original Tunic is in Very Good Condition.

The wool wide-leg O.D. Trousers have 7 belt loops, 2 size adjustment straps with buckles, 6 button & button inside flap close the fly, & 5 button pockets, the front pockets button on the outside corner of the pocket (1 back pocket button doesn't match). The lower legs each close with 8 buttons. There is 1 small moth hole on the right front just right of the fly, 1 large moth home on right leg close to inner leg seam in the knee area, 2 tiny moth holes on the lower right leg button area, 2 moth holes on the left front left of fly, 1 small moth hole on left leg knee area, 2 small moth holes near center seam on the back right, 1 fray on the back right pocket area, the right leg has several small reddish/orange spots. The trousers are in very good condition. Measurements are: Waist 32" Inseam 26". This pair of original WWI Trousers are in Very Good Condition.
    I will be listing this grouping in the classifieds.
    Thanks for looking.
    Jim

Last edited by jculber; 08-24-2016 at 01:58 AM.

Default WWI Uniform, 1st Battalion, 310th Engineers, 85th Division, Polar Bears

WWI Polar Bear; named – Dobbs; wool tunic & trousers.
    This original WWI Polar Bear Co. B, 1st Battalion of 310th Engineers, 85th Division named uniform includes the Tunic & Trousers. The history behind this unit is phenomenal. For most Americans overseas WW1 ended November 11, 1918. The Polar Bears fought the Red Army in Northern Russia until July, 1919. Google for more info on this illustrious unit.

The wool Tunic is fully lined with 1 inside pocket on the left. There are no holes or tears in the lining but there is 1 faded area at the center low back. The Polar Bear's name is on the left sleeve lining. The tunic collar closes with 3 original hooks-n-eyes. The collar is decorated with screw back "U.S." & Co. B. Engineer collar insignia. There are 5 large dark eagle buttons down the front, 4 pockets each closes with 1 small dark eagle button, plus each epaulet is fastened with 1 small dark eagle button. On the left sleeve is a Polar Bear patch, Honorable Discharge patch & Service patch. Over the left top pocket is a WWI Victory medal ribbon. There is 1 moth hole above the right top pocket, 1 small moth hole on top right pocket, 1 field repair & 1 small moth hole on the back right side close to the sleeve seam, 1 small moth hole on back right side approximately 4" from hemline. There are reddish-orange stains on right front: above the top pocket, on top pocket flap & pocket, button pocket flap & pocket & lower right & left lower front, elbow area on the right arm & in this same area is a small black stain. Measurements are: Chest: 42" (measured under arm pits); Sleeves 34" (measured from center back to cuff edge). This WWI original Tunic is in Excellent Condition.

The wool lace-up wide-leg O.D. Trousers manufacturer tags reads: Phila. Depot, Q.M. Corps, U.S. Army. There are 6 belt loops, 6 matching suspender buttons inside waistband, 4 button fly closure (all buttons match) with large hook-n-eye at the top, & 3 pockets. There is a field repair on the right seat area, 3 small moth holes on the back right, 2 small 1 medium moth hole on the back left, 5 small 1 medium moth hole on right front, 2 small moth holes on left front, 2 field repairs on front: 1 to right of fly & 1 below crotch on left. Measurements are: Waist 30" Inseam 25". This pair of original WWI Trousers are in Good Condition.
    I will be listing this grouping in the classifieds.
    Thanks for looking.
    Jim

Last edited by jculber; 08-24-2016 at 02:00 AM.

Welcome tothe forum and those are nice items, but this area is for discussion and not sales. If you are here basically to sell then these should be moved to the forum Classifieds section. British and US militaria - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Thanks, I'll delete it. Sorry. I'm pretty clueless on how to use this forum as you may have noticed.
    Jim

Well, I can't even figure out how to delete my errant posts. I'm giving up for now. Too frustrated.
    Jim

MAP
    ?

Jim,

Beautiful collection of WW1 uniforms and equipment.

You do not have to delete the entire threads Just edit out the Sales parts as IMHO it is great to see WW1 US uniforms. We don't see many of them around here. I'm sure it was a "newbie" mistake.

But if you are selling, we do have our classified section as Asterperious has pointed out. The rest of the forum is off limits to sales.

One of these days I would like to add a nice WW1 US tunic to my collection, especially one for the Rainbow division as I grew up around 100 yards from their monument and camp. (I do have one moth eaten tunic that I really just bought for the unique US 3rd division patch made of velvet and bullion).

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by jculber View Post
    Well, I can't even figure out how to delete my errant posts. I'm giving up for now. Too frustrated.
    Jim
    Here is how to edit...

Step 1

Step 2

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I recognize this display from some of the local shows, and have spoken to you a time or two. Good to see you on the forum! Nice stuff as well! You always seem to have interesting items!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast