Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?

Article about: I've had this for years and I thought I would show it now as I was tidying up and rediscovered it, I'm wondering if it is in fact an issued item / given through red cross etc. It has 2 packe

Default WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?

I've had this for years and I thought I would show it now as I was tidying up and rediscovered it, I'm wondering if it is in fact an issued item / given through red cross etc.

It has 2 packets of original Rizla papers that were issued with the pouch. The upper packet is stuck to the purple band around the pouch, through long term contact and pressure, but the packet underneath slides out freely. The subtle difference in shade of orange is nice, as the top pack is slightly bleached through exposure to light. Quite a sweet little item, outside of my normal area but I like it.

WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?

Fred Green
    ?

Default Re: WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?

Hello,

This is the way bulk rolling tobacco was sold for quite a few years. Now it is sold in a plastic bag. I have never seen US army issue tabacco with out a US Army or govermental marking on it.

Fred

Default Re: WW1 US Doughboy Issue Tobacco?

Thanks Fred, I know what you mean about the labels. Others I have seen have some kind of label saying 'donated to our boys at the front by something corporation etc etc'. The reason I thought there may have been some connection here was the French references on the packets of papers.