Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

WW1 Victory Medal - US

Article about: This is my Great-Grandfather's WW1 Victory Medal with 3 battle clasps - mint condition. He fought with the 108th Infantry Regiment - 27th Infantry Division - II Corps. The 27th ID was made u

Default C. Dewitt Dyckman

One last post from me.

Here's my grandfather's WWI Victory Medal. He was assigned to the 102nd Engineer Regiment of the 27th Division. The 27th Division flag underneath was his as well.

Best,

V/r Lance

WW1 Victory Medal - US

?

Quote by MilitariaOne View Post
    Here's my grandfather's WWI Victory Medal. He was assigned to the 102nd Engineer Regiment of the 27th Division. The 27th Division flag underneath was his as well.
    Outstanding! That is special, thank you for sharing your family heirlooms. I wonder now how much "stuff" besides the awards and uniforms the soldiers brought home with them. From the Christmas Day article I posted on #1, I learned why my Great-Grandfather did not bring any war trophies home - they were stolen while he was at the British hospital, including the artillery shrapnel they removed from him. You should frame his portrait with the medals and the flag.

?

Could we get a better look at the flag please. Gary

Default Some newspaper articles and documents about your Great Grandfather.

OK, this will (really) be my last post on your excellent thread.

Here are some additional articles of interest to add to your scrap book.

Best regards,

V/r Lance

P.S. It was my pleasure to find them. You took the time to remember your Great Grandfather and that made my day. I hope this small effort makes yours.

Double click on images to enlarge.

WW1 Victory Medal - USWW1 Victory Medal - USWW1 Victory Medal - USWW1 Victory Medal - USWW1 Victory Medal - USWW1 Victory Medal - USWW1 Victory Medal - USWW1 Victory Medal - USWW1 Victory Medal - USWW1 Victory Medal - USWW1 Victory Medal - USWW1 Victory Medal - USWW1 Victory Medal - USWW1 Victory Medal - US

?

Quote by MilitariaOne View Post
    OK, this will (really) be my last post on your excellent thread.

Here are some additional articles of interest to add to your scrap book.

Best regards,

V/r Lance

P.S. It was my pleasure to find them. You took the time to remember your Great Grandfather and that made my day. I hope this small effort makes yours.
    Lance this is absolutely fantastic, really one of the best gifts I could have asked for since I started this research project back in 2017, I sincerely appreciate it. I did not realize that he was wounded in the same artillery strike that killed Pvt. Bentley; it amazes me that he survived the war. These articles will be happily added to our family history now.

Here is the last article that I found about Pvt. Loren Patterson saving my Great-Grandfather during hand-to-hand combat:

WW1 Victory Medal - US

Its a fascinating snap-shot of history.You must very proud of your Great-Grandfather's service Mint.

Troy

I must apologize on behalf of the British people I have no doubt it was some thieving Brit that stole your Grandfathers trophies and possibly flogged em for a few packets of cigarettes or a tin of bully beef

Troy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4