Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI 2nd ID Painted Helmet - 17th Field Artillery

Article about: Today's arrival, my first WWI vintage 2nd ID helmet. I have a few WWII 2nd ID painted and decaled M1's and wanted to add a WWI example to the shelf for a long time. This one only has the fel

Default WWI 2nd ID Painted Helmet - 17th Field Artillery

Today's arrival, my first WWI vintage 2nd ID helmet. I have a few WWII 2nd ID painted and decaled M1's and wanted to add a WWI example to the shelf for a long time. This one only has the felt dome pad left, but from the looks of the paint runs on the interior the exterior repaint was done while the original liner was still in place. According to Chris Armold in Painted Steel Pots, Vol II, with the black artillery shell behind the Indian Chief, this one was for the 17th Field Artillery. I guess I am going to be on the hunt for a few more of these, as there are many variations of the insignia on WWI 2nd ID helmets, including some for the Marines attached to the Division while in France at the end of the Great War. Hope you like this one. Jim G.

Second Infantry - Second to NONE!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI 2nd ID Painted Helmet - 17th Field Artillery   WWI 2nd ID Painted Helmet - 17th Field Artillery  

WWI 2nd ID Painted Helmet - 17th Field Artillery   WWI 2nd ID Painted Helmet - 17th Field Artillery  

WWI 2nd ID Painted Helmet - 17th Field Artillery   WWI 2nd ID Painted Helmet - 17th Field Artillery  

Default Re: WWI 2nd ID Painted Helmet - 17th Field Artillery

I do like those helmets as well!
    Nice!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris