Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WWI 2nd pat Brodies

Article about: This was a stone cold minter that had a ripped lining and busted up strap--all from dry rot. It could only have gotten worse with the passage of time so I did a resto ie: strap fixed and lin

Default WWI 2nd pat Brodies

This was a stone cold minter that had a ripped lining and busted up strap--all from dry rot. It could only have gotten worse with the passage of time so I did a resto ie: strap fixed and liner rips too. Until shooting these pix I thought the shell was unmarked but then low and behold I could make out the stamped name "Allen" with a diamond logo under it. I kind of thought it was Canadian, based on mustardy color, so what do you guys think? Please let me know and also about that maker if possible, thanks alot!

Footnote: quick look online of Brit makers shows Edgar Allen & Co, Sheffield--1916-18
    Last edited by Nigel Lesgate; 11-30-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Congratulations on a really excellent and sympathetic restoration! Very neat work.

Thank you! Ordinarily, I would not have messed with but~~ it was such a nice piece that only needed to be stabilized to prevent further deterioration. The fragile oil cloth had suffered from clumsy, inquisitive guys looking to see that red stamp and the dessicated strap broke as a result of the friction buckle. As it is now I think it may see another 100 years hopefully.