Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

WWI British Medal group - Named

Article about: Hope you all enjoy this. Got this today with some left over \\$\\$ I had from the local militaria show.... It is named to PTE. A. Coutts of the Gord. Highrs. Can anyone tell me anything about th

MAP
    ?

Quote by BobS View Post
    That's a GREAT price! You'd be lucky to buy a WWI pair for that price, let alone a trio to a highly collected regiment. Congratulations.

BobS
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    You have done well!
    Thanks guys. I would say I was lucky. a) I don't know this area and b) right time/right place (long story...basically a lay away deal that fell through and the dealer was ticked so he offered it to me at a lower price as I just happened to be standing there)

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The wonderful thing about the great war medals is following on from the first stage of research as supplied by John, you can try and find out more about him on sites such as ancestry, also you can research his unit, where they fought during the period he was with them, even take it a stage further and read the regimental diaries. you really cant do better than buying named medals such as these, great items to buy.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice find and a good deal. The stars alone are
    rising in price.........
    Regards,

Steve.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anon View Post
    The wonderful thing about the great war medals is following on from the first stage of research as supplied by John, you can try and find out more about him on sites such as ancestry, also you can research his unit, where they fought during the period he was with them, even take it a stage further and read the regimental diaries. you really cant do better than buying named medals such as these, great items to buy.
    Thanks Jerry,

That's all the fun. Getting these is just the beginning of the journey
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12