Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI British Medal group - Named

Article about: Hope you all enjoy this. Got this today with some left over \\$\\$ I had from the local militaria show.... It is named to PTE. A. Coutts of the Gord. Highrs. Can anyone tell me anything about th

MAP
    ?

Default WWI British Medal group - Named

Hope you all enjoy this.

Got this today with some left over $$ I had from the local militaria show....

It is named to PTE. A. Coutts of the Gord. Highrs.

Can anyone tell me anything about these and what the 4000 stands for? Anyway I can research this gentleman?

All medals are named.

Can post more pics if necessary.

Thanks!

Michael

WWI British Medal group - NamedWWI British Medal group - Named
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice medals the 4000 looks to be his service number

pip sweak and wilfred, nice set 14/15 star, so he may well have been in from the start....... you might be able to grab service documents and MIC here:

Ancestry.co.uk - Redirect

As far as i can ascertain, he is not listed as a casualty

a nice set of medals to get.

Here you go, Free of charge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI British Medal group - Named  

MAP
    ?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Here you go, Free of charge
    Just got back from my sons soccer match....This is great! Thanks for the research.

Not sure if I overpaid...It was $100. But eitherway I now know a bit about him. Thanks for all the help!

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 09-20-2014 at 10:47 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A trio to a Scottish infantry regiment would usually cost a bit more than you paid, probably nearer double or more.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

A very good price for a Scottish Infantry trio!
    Quote by MAP View Post
    Just got back from my sons soccer match....This is great! Thanks for the research.

Not sure if I overpaid...It was $100. But eitherway I now know a bit about him. Thanks for all the help!

Michael

?

Quote by MAP View Post

Michael
    That's a GREAT price! You'd be lucky to buy a WWI pair for that price, let alone a trio to a highly collected regiment. Congratulations.

BobS

You have done well!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast